plath and bonofans pilgrimage into tennis (and how we converted our friends along the way)

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Ahh! Beautiful people of the world (yes, all three of you who read us), we come laden with FIFA paraphernalia, sleeplessness and wimbledon reports. Ofcourse, the worldcup is here, and our priorities had temporarily shifted from all them Stella Artois’, Ordinas, ‘s-ertogenbosches any other greek mythology based tennis tourneys, to questions such as how many tries before Micheal Ballack finally slams one in.

Ahem. But I am back, and it’s early morning (which is actually late, late night) and the draws are a day old and wimbledon only a day away (yay yay!).

See, this is why I love the french open so much. Two weeks of clay bliss, wait another two more and BAM, another grandslam. Wimblebon might not be the most favorite (it comes second on my list) but we certainly get full blow-by-blow coverage, infact, more then any other slam in the calendar, on this side of the planet. Thank you, Sania Mirza. (though we haven’t quite forgiven you for those audacious sprite ads just yet)

Right, back to business, the serious stuff:

- Marat Safin is single. Again. I think he wants to ahem, beat a certain record Nastase set, ahem, in his prime AHEM.
- Agassi has announced he will be retiring after this year’s US Open. I’ve been perpetually sad ever since I’ve read that news, though I knew it going to be his last year on tour, but still… I was hoping something’d change his mind, you know… but the way Federer and Nadal are dominating the game in turns at the moment, I guess king agassi see it best to retreat quietly
- Federer Saab has a tough, TOUGH, tough draw. Richard Gaquet in the first round. Most probably Henmen in the second. If there was ever any pressure on him, it’s now. He’s coming out of a Roland Garros final he shouldn’t have lost but did anyway without seeming to ‘mind’ much. And he nearly gave us that Ollie Rochus scare in Halle. While Henman and Hewitta dn Ancic grow in confidence. (include nadal too, splendid job in Stella Artois!)
- Speaking of Nadal, he might have a sore foot.
- And I think I read somewhere that Fed might be injured too (someone’ll have to check that)
- Sigh, safin plays rusedski of all people in his first rounder.
- Well, atleast he’s gotten rid of that obnoxiously bun!
- Watch out for: Ancic.
- A safin fan was saying somewhere, that even if marat loses early in wimby, it won’t matter much because he’s got no more points to defend (he was ranked 83 last time I checked. And this is precisely around the time he fell to injury. I remember the in-form match he played was 3rd round, wimby, against Feliciano “Whose A Pretty Boy? I Am! I Am!” Lopez.
- And ofcourse, you’ve prolly heard of the sportscenter ads Roggie recently did. Oh how we love him: Click here and here.


Right. That's it for the night, er morning. See you on Day One!

3 Comments:

Blogger Acro said...

SAFIN WINSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS yes yes yes , straight 3 sets win :D. ok I will comment on the rest of the post later, ahems :D

11:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

U ppl are doing a great job here. Love the blog.

4:10 AM  
Blogger S. said...

bcs, you speaketh my language :D

sabizak, we love you more!

1:02 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home